June 19, 2009

Repair the World - Do Not Destroy It


(London, England - Trafalgar Square 2008 - Copyright, Lili Rahmati - All Rights Reserved)

I shot this image during an accidental encounter with a Middle East rally while visiting London in the summer of 2008. The man holding the sign was the only symbol of peace amidst the chaotic scene I witnessed that day. Since I captured this image I haven't known how to use it, but I think the time has come for me to share it as its message has never been more relevant than it is now.
As an Iranian by birth who has spent most of her life in the West after having to flee Iran just before the 1979 revolution, it is with great personal interest that I follow the events unfolding in my native country. I am hoping for peace and freedom for the Iranian people as well as all human beings who are suffering from oppression and tyranny in our world. I'm posting this photograph in dedication to them and in so doing perhaps I can give a voice to those who no longer have one, or whose voice has been silenced.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Farhang (Culture)